Finished work last night and went out for a quick Vietnamese meal in the city before embarking on a brief absinthe tour of two Melbourne bars, The Toff in Town and Cookie , which helpfully are in the same building as one another. (As an aside, the links above are to Age reviews of the bars; and really, they should take their photos at night, as the daylight photos on the paper's website are utterly lacking in atmosphere). The Toff had a very limited range of brands on offer; only four, one of which was the utterly vile Green Fairy brand, which all good absintheurs should avoid like the plague. The brand I eventually chose, which I hadn't tried before, was Jacques Senaux Blue , from Spain (80% proof). Because I always drink my absinthe with sugar and water in the traditional fashion (although most places insist on setting the sugar alight, which is flamboyant, whereas actually the water should be slowly dripped onto the sugar until it dissolves - incidentally, the only plac...
Comments
Now that you've seen it (I assume), can I ask what you thought of Kev-from-Shameless as Tully in Being Human?
Caoin - yep, that was a brief but passionate Jack-Ianto pash you saw, so we know that particular relationship isn't being played down. Indeed, from what I've read it's being played UP.
And I still haven't seen part two of Being Human yet - am seeing it this Sunday instead if all goes to plan...